Wednesday 26 March 2014

Busy busy busy...

My apologies for my absence but I've been a busy little bee, both inside the studio and out in the big wide world.

For starters, I've had  a few of my arty girls to wrap up and post off to their new homes.  I can't begin to put into words the pleasure typing that brings me.  To think that others like my work enough to want it in their own homes or to give as a gift to someone they love truly makes my heart sing.  I gladly make the near-on 6 mile round trip to the village post office on foot, admiring the countryside scenery as I stroll, making note of signs of seasonal change and listening to the excited chatterings of whichever small person has chosen to grace me with their presence.   This week so far I've made the trip twice - which is good as I need to lose weight!  The second time I was accompanied by 3 year old Taisia, she walked the whole way there and home again without a single murmur of complaint, bless her.  Instead we found animal prints in the mud, gathered up feathers, searched for snails, watched aeroplanes, looked for pictures within the clouds and sang songs.  After a trip to the newly found playground, our trip home encompassed a dinosaur hunt.  Potholes in the road are clearly dinosaur footprints and the small landslides at the lane side were the dinosaur escape routes!

Our imaginations hold no bounds, it was rather fun.

As well as the usual mundane day to day routine, I have managed to find a bit of time to have fun in the studio.  I have created a piece of artwork for a lovely lady.  It was requested that I create a piece that she can have printed out as thank-you's for her customers.  I hope to share it in the future but will wait until it has been blogged about by the good lady herself first, it's only right as it belongs to her now :)

For now, here are the latest creations...

A commission piece.


This piece sold immediately it was listed!

{{Be Okay}}




and today's make...

{{No words needed}}


At the time of typing {{No words needed}} was available to purchase over at my Facebook page here.

I am also working on a couple of commissions which I shall share with you over the next few days.

Here is a picture of a couple of things I'm working on...


I am going to be selling the cards in packs of 3 and 5, and all will feature a piece of small original artwork.   I'm putting together a few packs to get started and they will be offered for sale shortly.

The ladies at the bottom of the picture are works in progress and incomplete. I wonder what they will evolve into?  I get curious to see how things develop as I work without the hinder of a plan or idea.  I just travel along the path that my creative soul wishes to take me on which means a lot of spontaneity, trust and love goes into every movement of my hand.

I will be in the studio busying myself with commissions over the next couple of days but I am hoping to find time to film a tutorial or two over the weekend.  I know how much I enjoy learning from others and I'm hoping that I can offer that feeling of enjoyment to others in return.

1 comment:

  1. Well my dear friend Jules.
    There are no words to say how pleased and excited I am for you as you embark on this new adventure. Am also very proud that you are FINALLY believing in yourself and taking steps to get your talent out there via Joyicity. If only I could find the courage to click the 'publish' button on my facebook page lol ... maybe tomorrow. xx

    As your 1st follower I look forward to seeing the results of your talent as it grows and will watch from the sidelines with a huge smile in my heart as your dreams become reality.
    Spread your wings and fly precious lady.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here beautiful heart, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.